What this blog is all about...

What this blog is all about..



Cloth Diapering.. obviously! I've been a fan of CDing since I've read about how much I could save money & the environment by using them. Now that I've started using them, there's no turning back! And I hope from this blog (however crazy it sounds) - if it doesn't make you want to CD your child, will at least help raise awareness on the benefits of CDing.. Enjoy!



Friday 17 June 2011

CD oh CD...

We're in our 2nd month of cloth diapering, and we're enjoying every second of it (well, at least i am..). So far we haven't had any major problems with the CDs. Izwan also seems to like being in CDs- he admires how cute they are and he doesn't mind walking in his CD without any other cloth on his body! Like today, he was walking in his CD & ultraman t-shirt while eating at a restaurant nearby, after he spilled some ribena on his pants... awwhhh.. he looked so cute!

As for my own cloth diapering 'journey', it has not been too bad after all. I'm talking about it with my colleagues whenever I have the time and I'm not surprised to find that most people haven't heard of it. So I've been 'preaching' nearly everyday regarding the benefits of cloth diapering so people will be more aware of it. Most of my friends aren't so keen because they can't stand the thought of having to wash the diapers everytime. Very little seem concerned about what we're doing to the environment by using disposable diapers.. it's such a pity. I guess going green hasn't reached far into the Malaysian hearts yet...

Some people think I'm being 'pro-CD' because I'm trying to sell them. Well, it's partly true. But my priority isn't that. I am honestly concerned about what we're doing to our kids & our environment. Exposing them to carcinogens are not part of my agenda as a mother. And letting them live in a sea of waste is also not in my agenda. I'm just trying to give them a better life, and a better place to live in. Also trying to make them appreciate mother earth more, and not take her for granted. Selling is a part of promoting a better life for everybody. That's how i see and feel about it.

I hope by blogging I could help open some eyes and hearts to being more generous to our earth. I wish more people see cloth diapering as a part of this, and not just a hobby or a money-making business...

Izwan passing by Iman with no worries in the world (in his CD!)

No comments: