What this blog is all about...

What this blog is all about..



Cloth Diapering.. obviously! I've been a fan of CDing since I've read about how much I could save money & the environment by using them. Now that I've started using them, there's no turning back! And I hope from this blog (however crazy it sounds) - if it doesn't make you want to CD your child, will at least help raise awareness on the benefits of CDing.. Enjoy!



Tuesday 31 May 2011

Going GREEN Part 1: Cloth diapers review UPDATE

It's me again and so far I've been cloth diapering for about 2-3 weeks (i think).

I've been getting a lot of responses from friends and family, most of them would start off by laughing at the idea of it (of all the people in the world, i was the last person they thought would do such thing.. hmm), but after seeing how eager i was about CDing, they'll start showing some interest in it.. they start asking questions about why i do it, practicality, choices, pros n cons etc etc etc... (u guys obviously haven't read my previous entry properly, right?).


*WARNING: if you're not in to CDing, please DO NOT get me started. You'll regret it coz i wont be able to stop talking about it!*

Anyway, i can't thank my hubby enough for supporting me in my 'CDing journey'- i guess anything that would save him cost (damn those years of mami-pokoing!) & would help stop me from whining about my patients & work- would do him good too!

So.. so far with the brands we have bought before- we haven't been having much problem with them...

Grovias- still haven't leaked, but extremely difficult to get poo stain off them & to dry them (bibik whining)

Lunatots- absorption getting better with each wash, but we prefer to place the microfibre on top of the fleece coz it leaks less that way (i know i'm not supposed to do that coz microfibres can be too drying for the skin.. but it works better that way & izwan's bum has not complained yet!)

Babyland & Happy flutes- so far so good

Flip- also good so far

And i still have not made up my mind about which is the ULTIMATE CD for me (i mean for izwan la..)

WHICH IS WHY... I have ordered another 4 from BambooLite & they've just arrived to my doorstep yesterday.. HAHAHA.. (my husband now officially thinks i'm crazy)... but i know that some of u guys out there are even CRAZIER than me, right? right? right?

omg.. they're super cute and super trim, i'm not sure if izwan would fit in it nicely without leaking... but i have high hopes for this one coz it's something like the Grovia (AI2), except that it's local & cheaper! yay!!! So, for now they're undergoing the prewash cycles.. and i cant wait to put them on to izwan (izwan actually said, "ooo.. cantiknye..." when they arrived; meaning he's excited too).

Bibik also suggested that maybe they would fit the new baby when the baby arrives, because compared to the other brands that we have, these look more snug and slim. Maybe we can use them as diaper covers with the flats we're planning to buy too...

Can't wait for the weekend- not only because we'll be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary- but also because Baba has agreed to take me out CD shopping around KL.. yayyy!!! Guess it's time to start surveying (or buying?) a system that would suit new baby, since i'm in my 3rd trimester already.. time flies...

I've also joined 2 groups in Facebook- groups of CD-holics like myself, where we can exchange views (or CDs), buy stuff or simply find support/ friends with this same interest, and i can tell u... they're one great bunch of people & i'm enjoying them more & more (thanks Zas!)
Malaysian Cloth Diapering Parents
M'sia CD/CP/Baby Item FSOT (Personal new/ used items)

Enuff for now... will cu back soon hopefully with more 'adventure' to share.. muahahahaha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

muahahahaha..love d pic of dat ultraman on d bottle..u did it or d ultraboys??? well my dear cuzen..keep on writing..really do love to read it!!

ibuultra said...

of course la one of the boys did it.. found this on the table at breakfast. thought it was creative. by the way, which anonymous cousin are u?